MDC is the original WASH chapter with members or other interested people in the greater Washington area including Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in Maryland.
WASH as a whole will hold a meeting: Remembering Lois Porter; A Memorial Tribute to a Humanist Life Well Lived
Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at the MD
Chevy Chase Branch Library
8005 Connecticut Ave ·
Fred Edwords will serve as the master of ceremony for this event and reflect on Lois’ life as a person and a Humanist.
Lois’ memorial will be followed by a reception. Light refreshments will be served.
For general information and if there are any questions you may contact the chapter coordinator:
Gary Berg-Cross via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a Tribute to WASH Founder George Porter see:
For general information about the MDC chapter, contact Gary Berg-Cross via email (email@example.com) or via phone (240-426-0770).
P.O. Box 15319 Washington, DC 20003
General info on WASH MDC firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember that WASH is a volunteer organization. Contributions of your time and money are the core of WASH’s ability to serve you, our membership. If you’re not already a member, please consider joining for $35, or at least becoming a friend of WASH for $10. If you have the means to provide financial support for WASH beyond the membership dues, your contributions help WASH engage in projects such as the following:
- Printing of the Ingersoll Walk booklet (estimated cost: $300)
- Upgrades for the next Ingersoll Oratory Contest to include rental of a tent, an improved PA system, and upgraded prizes for contestants (estimated cost: $2,000).
- A project to make WASH generated videos available on YouTube (estimated cost: $500)
- Support for student groups (estimated cost: $500)
- Support for a fee-based speaker, such as professional interpreters of Jefferson (Steve Edenbo) or Madison, book authors, or others at a WASH event (estimated cost: $3,000)
- Advertising campaigns such as billboards (estimated cost: $5,000)
For Recent Past meetings see: