MDC is the original WASH chapter with members or other interested people in the greater Washington area including Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in Maryland.
We will celebrate our Annual DC Area Humanlight party Friday, December 20, 2019
Venue: 13 Atwell Ct, Potomac MD there will be a HumanLight Celebration.
(There is street parking.)
Light a humanist candle in the hope of making the world a more peaceful and better place.
Enjoy a modern, Humanist “holiday” celebration
sponsored by the WASH MD chapter
contact point: Gary Berg-Cross; firstname.lastname@example.org)
See http://wash.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=3297&action=edit for more detail and
our Meetup page where you can sign up:
For general information and if there are any questions you may contact the chapter coordinator:
Gary Berg-Cross via email at email@example.com.
For a Tribute to WASH Founder George Porter see:
For general information about the MDC chapter, contact Gary Berg-Cross via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via phone (240-426-0770).
P.O. Box 15319 Washington, DC 20003
General info on WASH MDC email@example.com
Please remember that WASH is a volunteer organization. Contributions of your time and money are the core of WASH’s ability to serve you, our membership. If you’re not already a member, please consider joining for $35, or at least becoming a friend of WASH for $10. If you have the means to provide financial support for WASH beyond the membership dues, your contributions help WASH engage in projects such as the following:
- Printing of the Ingersoll Walk booklet (estimated cost: $300)
- Upgrades for the next Ingersoll Oratory Contest to include rental of a tent, an improved PA system, and upgraded prizes for contestants (estimated cost: $2,000).
- A project to make WASH generated videos available on YouTube (estimated cost: $500)
- Support for student groups (estimated cost: $500)
- Support for a fee-based speaker, such as professional interpreters of Jefferson (Steve Edenbo) or Madison, book authors, or others at a WASH event (estimated cost: $3,000)
- Advertising campaigns such as billboards (estimated cost: $5,000)
For Recent Past meetings see: