A lot of us use Amazon to shop for our daily needs and for gift giving – now you can support WASH by donating to the organization through Amazon Smile. If you are not already using this, it is a great tool to support us without spending any extra of your own money! One of the drawbacks to AmazonSmile, is you have to make your purchases through the AmazonSmile site. If you make purchases through the regular Amazon site, WASH won’t get a donation.
How to Shop Amazon Smile on a computer:
- Go to smile.amazon.com. Bookmark this page so you’ll land on the Smile page every time you shop.
- Sign into your account if you’re not already, and search for Washington Area Secular Humanists as your charity of choice. Once you make this selection, you will receive an email confirmation
- Shop as normal. Most items are eligible for an Amazon Smile donation, but they will let you know is something is not. Shop as usual, and watch the donations add up!
How to Shop Amazon Smile on Mobile Device:
Smile Shortcut from the Home Screen
If you are like most people you shop using the Amazon app. If you shop this way the purchase goes through the regular Amazon site and WASH will not get a donation.
- Visit smile.amazon.com in Safari or Chrome on your mobile device.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Next, hit the share button at the bottom middle of your screen for Apple or the Menu icon on the top right of your Android.
- Now click “Add to Home Screen”. You have just created a shortcut to the Amazon Smile page to easily navigate here from the homepage.
- Finally, delete your existing Amazon App so you will always shop with a smile.
Use a mobile browser:
If you regularly shop Amazon through your mobile browser, simply navigate to smile.amazon.com instead and you’re set! It will be a very similar experience to what you are used to.